Monday, January 5, 2009

almost ready

Lexi's room is almost ready! Jason and I still have a few small organizational things to take care of and we will be ready. Hopefully we will be done by next weekend and I will be able to post some pictures. That was our main goal for this past weekend. I have gone through and washed almost all of her little outfits, blankets, socks, etc. I have also been trying to organize things into baskets - bath stuff, diaper stuff, etc. - to make life a little easier. We have learned that living in a small house that is overflowing with baby stuff requires certain organizational skills that I am trying to master.

Jason is still temporarily off of work. As of Friday, he is number 58 to be called back in by the union. Winter has always been hard, but the economy has really taken its toll on construction this year. It is kind of a blessing and a curse that he is off work right now. Jason has done everything to get the furniture in Lexi's room assembled. He painted the room by himself and finished up this weekend by putting the bassinet together. All that was left for me was to organize. He has also put up a handrail on our steps outside as a safety measure for me this winter. If it gets dry enough, he is going to paint it to match the fence. If it doesn't dry up enough, then we will paint it this spring. These are the great things about him being off work right now. My big concern at this point is that he will get called back to work right around the time Lexi decides to join us. Jason is a workaholic who wants to be able to make money so life will be easier for us.

Jason being laid off is also a concern right now because they are discussing bed rest for me right now. My feet, ankles, and lower legs have swollen up to the point where at times I am unable to walk. My blood pressure is fine and I only have trace amounts of protein in my urine so I am not pre-eclamptic, I just can't function. My ob has cut my hours from 10 hours 4 days a week to a max of 8 hours a day. I visit her again on Friday and at that time she will decide if work is still an option. She already told me that things would be different if my job wasn't so physically demanding. But we do what we must. Jason is ready for me to go on bed rest now because looking at my feet scares him. He has been a wonderful help, especially on my bad days.

Well, that is all for now. If I have anymore news, I will keep you all posted.

1 comment:

Barbara and Wes said...

I'm glad you have things almost ready! I hope Jason is able to work again soon and I hope you are able to keep working as long as your able to without being too uncomforable (although that's probabaly already the case).
Take care!