I am also doing well, all things considering. My incision is healing very well and my pain level is under control. Our days and nights are backwards right now. We only sleep for about 2 hours at a time at night and 3-4 hours at a time during the day. I have been trying to keep her awake as much as possible during the day so she will sleep at night. As of right now, we have not changed our sleep habits yet, but we are working on them. As much as I love being at home with my little one, I have decided that I am definitely not a stay at home mom. Not being able to go anywhere or do anything is driving me nuts. I am not allowed to drive and I am not allowed to lift anything heavier than Lexi. That kind of puts a damper in your day. I just appreciate all of the help that everyone has given us, especially with cooking meals. Jason can cook, but because he is so worried about taking care of me and Lexi, it makes his life a little easier to just reheat dinner.
Jason is still laid off of work, which has been a great help to me. But because he is laid off, he has been out trying to find side jobs to help out financially. He has been wiring a barn for the last 3 days. It has been good for him getting out and working, but he has put in 2 really long days, so by the time he gets home and reheats dinner and gets all of the bottles and breast pump stuff washed and do dishes or picks up the house, he is ready to take a shower and go to bed. Just a note, I have been home all day just me and Lexi. I am ready to talk to someone (I know that just doesn't sound like me at all, does it) and he is ready to relax in the quiet and comfort of his home. So to say the least, we are still adjusting and I have a funny feeling that we won't even be close to adjusted for a while.
I decided to post some pictures of our first outing to Wal-Mart. To say the least, I needed to get out of the house and I got to play dress up with our little one. Her little outfit is a 0-3 months and it swallowed her whole. We also found out that even preemie socks would not stay on her feet, so we ended up safety pinning her booties to her pants to help keep them on.


2 comments:
She's adorable all bundled up!!!
I can't wait until I get to meet her.
She is adorable! I'm glad your doing so well I hope you continue to heal well so you can get out and about a little more. If you need to talk give me a call.
Post a Comment