Sorry about the delay in posts. This has been one crazy month. I hope that everyone has had a safe and wonderful holiday season.
Two weeks ago Jason had to have oral surgery to have a couple of teeth cut out. He went in today for his post-op check up. The Dr. says that he is healing amazingly well. The timing of his surgery could not have been better. He was laid off of work the day before his surgery, so he has been able to relax and take care of himself. After 2 weeks off of work, we are both ready for him to go back. He gets a little stir-crazy not having anything to do during the days.
Everything is going fine with me. About 3 weeks ago, I noticed that my feet were beginning to get a little tight in my work shoes. I have now reached a point to where walking can sometimes be a chore that Jason has to help me with due to the massive swelling. I only have one pair of shoes that will fit my foot comfortably - Jason's XL house shoes. The tennis shoes that I have been wearing to work are as unlaced as possible and are quite painful to put on in the mornings. Jason described my toes as "tator tots" and my fingers as "sausage links". My extremities have become food products. As of now, my ob is not as concerned about my swelling as Jason is. I do not have any other signs of pre-eclampsia. I will be going back on Friday to be checked again. As of two weeks ago, my ob said that I should be able to work until I pop, however, my coworkers and my husband are beginning to think otherwise. I was also told two weeks ago that our baby is measuring extremely large. Dr. Ramsey does not like percentiles, but reading the look on her face made Jason and I both a little squirmy. I know that people have been delivering 9 and 10 lb babies forever, but I would really like for my business to somewhat return to normal when we are done.
I will update again at the end of the week. Sorry for the long delay.
Happy New Year!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Christmas with the Sander's
10 years ago


2 comments:
Thanks for the update. Sorry to hear about all the swelling I hope you can continue to work it makes the time go faster. I'm glad Jason is healing up well too.
Take care
I'm sure Dr. Ramsey told you this, but make sure you drink a ton of water (you probably already do and feel like you're going to float if you drink any more). And, be very cautious of your salts. However, I think some of us are just prone to the swelling b/c I really watched my salts and was still swollen! Lucky for me it was summer and I could wear sandals, but on the other hand, I refused to wear shorts anywhere but at home b/c I didn't want anyone to see my fat legs! I guess it wasn't as bad as I thought though, b/c mom & Dr. Mann said I was only a "+2" and some people are a +5! ...whatever exactly that means.
Post a Comment