This week has been crazy busy for us. On Monday I went to the Physical Therapist to try to figure out what is going on with my back. She told me that my hip joints have slipped causing one leg to be about 1/2 inch longer than the other. This slippage caused my back muscles to try to correct the problem within my hips. The physical therapist hit all of my pressure points to try to relieve the pressure, but ended up just making things worse.
By Friday morning, I had a Chiropractor's appt. Let me just say that my chiropractor is amazing. I waddled into her office and walked out. And as an added bonus, I got to lay on my stomach for about a half an hour! She has these pillows with holes cut out of the center so no pressure is put on the baby. She realigned my back and hips and massaged the knot out of my back. I have another appt. with her in the morning to see how well aligned I stayed over the weekend. She thinks that once I get my hips straightened out, then my back muscles will relax and my back will naturally realign. Once I left her office, I went to my OB appt. which is now every two weeks. I found out that 2/3 of the weight that I have gained has been in the last 8 weeks. Talk about depressing. But they say that I am still within normal range and that everything still looks good. I then got to meet with the dietitian who put me on a diet that is almost identical to the Atkins diet. I can eat all of the meat and cheese that I want so long as I lay off of the fruits, breads, and pastas a bit. As of now, the fruit has been the hardest to put down. She also gave me a blood glucose meter so I can check my blood sugar levels 4 times a day. I have a whole new respect for people who do this every day of their lives. The dietitian told me to send my numbers to my OB on Wed. this week in the hopes that she will let me splurge on Thanksgiving.
And I am just kind of curious, what happened to fall this year? It went from 80 degree days to snowing in less than a month. Jason and I decided that my new handrail to get onto the porch is probably going up next weekend and all I can say is thank God. I sometimes have problems walking in the best of conditions so I am worried about walking in the snow and ice with a big belly in front of me throwing off my balance.
Another new development. My in-laws have finally gotten a washer and dryer hooked up and operational in their house. My father-in-law has been working on this project all summer long. It might not sound like a lot, but they have put in a new septic tank, field bed, dry well, ran all new pluming to that area of the house, and a lot of other odd and end things that had to be done first. Jason and I went to their house on Saturday to help them finish and watch in awe as their first load of laundry was started. This might not sound like real exciting news, but my mother-in-law has been doing her laundry at my house for the last 4-5 years.
I know this post is getting long, so I will wrap it up by saying that I am super excited to see April, Chris, and Kate on Thanksgiving while they are in town. I also want to say Happy Thanksgiving to everyone and I want you to have a safe and happy holiday!!
Christmas with the Sander's
10 years ago


3 comments:
We can't wait to see you either!!!
See you Friday!
I'm glad the chiropractor was able to help you out so much!
I completely agree with you about the weather! I love fall and really missed it this year!
Andrea Neimier said to tell you hello!
See you this weekend!
I'm so glad the chiropractor was able to help get the kinks out. I miss the one I had in Jasper they were the best and I haven't found one I like that well around here. I hope your sugar levels stay in check with just the change in your diet.
I have no idea what happened to fall either it seemed to get skipped this year. I hate the cold! lol.
See you on Saturday!
Post a Comment