Sunday, November 30, 2008

Get togethers.

Every holiday season seams to get even busier than the one before. Jason and I both got a 4 day weekend but we were so busy that there was no relaxation.

On Thanksgiving day, we went to his parents house to celebrate the holiday. Once our bellies were full, the movie went in, and the turkey coma set in. Once we finished our nap, Jason and I decided that we were going to go shopping on Friday morning to get his xmas present. I got my xmas present early (a new couch) so it was only fair that Jason got his xmas present early as well. We decided since this would be our last xmas just the two of us, we would splurge on each other. I wanted a new couch and he wanted a new TV. We got his TV for $400 off of the sticker price. Yeah for being a bargain shopper, especially the day after Thanksgiving. Jason had never been out shopping on the day after Thanksgiving. He could not believe that anyone would sit in a parking lot for almost 2 hours to wait for a store to open. We began talking to the people around us and found out that people had been camped out at Best Buy since Thursday morning. I don't think that he believed me until about 6:45 outside of Kings. We had been there since 5 and we were the 3rd people in line. By 6:45, the parking lot was full and there were probably about 100 people lined up behind us. Once we got home, we both slept for a few hours to try to make up for what we lost on Thursday night. We headed up to mom and dad's on Friday evening to have Thanksgiving with them, Liz, April, Chris, and of course Kate. We had such a good time just getting to sit around and chat. And Kate, as always, seems to be the main attraction for our family functions. She is absolutely beautiful and always so well behaved. I hope and pray every day that our child will be like Kate.

Saturday morning, while Jason was getting the new TV set up with his entertainment system, I was helping get ready for my baby shower. I had so much fun. It is so enjoyable to be able to sit and play games and laugh and talk with family and friends. By the time the shower ended, I was exhausted. Jason and I unloaded the Blazer and ended up filling about half of the living room floor with bags. It took quite some time to get everything separated and put away. Our dogs feel as though it is their job to look in every bag that is brought into our house, regardless of what is
in the bag. They helped me inspect everything that was given to our little girl.




















These are two of the three blankets that were made for Alexandria (Lexie) ___?___ Roberts. The first picture is a quilt done my my Aunt Geriann. The second picture is a quilt that my mom made. The third blanket (not pictured) is a crocheted blanked done by my mother-in-law. All three are absolutely beautiful and I don't think that I want to use them. I would be heartbroken if anything happened.

Me, Lisa (in middle), and Christa (on right) are all due within 9 days of each other. Christa and I are both having girls and Lisa is waiting for her surprise. She has to have a girl to keep with the tradition. All three of our older sisters were pregnant and due within 12 days of each other and they all had girls. We are now on the second round and she is the only one who hasn't found out yet.

We got a picture of all three generations of girls together. Three new grandmothers, three new mommies, three new mommies to be, and three new babies.

During the baby shower, all three little girls were wonderful. I think that they liked being oohed and aaahed over.

Sunday was Lisa's baby shower in Celestine, IN. In the last few years, I have been having problems with car sickness, so driving through the hills in Dubois County was rough. Neither me nor Lexie were very happy. All it took was about 5 min out of the car and we were fine. Lisa's shower was super nice. She made out very well. I met Carla (second to left) in Evansville to ride up to mom and dad's house together and Christa took me back to the Blazer so I could go home at the end of the afternoon. By the time I got back home, Jason was already sleeping to prepare for work tonight.

It has been a long weekend with a lot of activity. April, Chris, and Kate will be returning to Virginia tomorrow afternoon. I hate seeing them leave, but I know that they will be back in for xmas. Since I am still very new at this blog, April has agreed to make my blog more "snazzy" so we will all have to wait and see what she does. I hope everyone had a good Thanksgiving and I will keep you updated.

No comments: