Saturday, November 15, 2008

100 vs. 101

When it comes to gestational diabetes you either have it or you don't. There is no in between. If your blood sugar is 100 or lower then you don't have gestational diabetes. The results of my 3 hr. test showed my blood sugar to be 101. I am going to see a nutritionalist on Friday before my Dr.'s appt. I also have to go see a physical therapist on Monday due to some severe back pain that began this past week. I am hoping that they can show me some exercises to control the pain and allow me to continue to work close to the pace that I have been at.

One of the best things about working in x-ray while you are pregnant is the free ultrasounds. I normally have one of the girls scan me every 2-3 weeks just so I can watch her develop. I was scanned on Thursday and here is the latest stat - 3lbs. 6 oz. at 28 weeks and 1 day. All of the information that I have read states that once you hit 27 weeks, or the third trimester, your baby gains about 1/2 lb. a week. If I go to term, I am going to have a 9 1/2 lb. baby. My baby will outweigh me, Liz, and Kate at birth and we were all big babies. I guess on a good note, the ultrasound now has bumped my estimated due date up to 1-24 instead of 2-4.

Today has been a great day. I sent Jason off this morning to go hunting for the first time this season while I had a girls day out. One of my friends from Radiology school had a Mary Kay party today. The party only lasted about an hour but I was there for almost 3 hours catching up with a couple of girls that I graduated with. I then got to come home and watch the girleyest movie that I could find. Talk about a great day!

3 comments:

Freemad said...

Kate want to see how her cousin is looking on her Aunt Bonnie - well, and her mommy too.

Might we see some pictures???

If not - we'll see you in a couple of weeks!

Barbara and Wes said...

Good luck with the doctor appointments. Hopefully they can give you some help with the back pain.
I'd love to see some pictures too :)
I can't wait to see everyone in a few weeks!

Carla said...

And, Jason told my mom and dad yesterday he was already in hot water...sounds like you had a good day to do your own thing!