
I know that it has been two months since I have updated so I am going to give you the shortened version of that time frame.
First, and most important, Lexi is 4 months old. For her last checkup she weighted in at 16 lbs and 13 oz. That puts her in the 97% in weight. She is also 26 3/4 in long. That is off of the charts. Our pediatrician said that she is currently the size of an average 8 month old. Look out Kate - we are going to have a contest to see who is the bigger baby! Lexi has outgrown her colic and has just recently began sleeping through the night. I have discovered that there is nothing more beautiful than my baby - asleep - all night - in her own bed. She loves sitting up being involved in everything that is going on. She hates playing on the floor whether she is on her back or her belly. She wants to be sitting up. We have also recently started her on cereal with a spoon. We had been doing cereal in her bottles at night but the spoon is a whole new world. She has done pretty well so far - if mom could just get in the mouth instead of around the mouth.
I have changed shifts at work. I am now working days instead of evenings. I am extremely happy that I made that change. I did not realize how much time I was missing with my family every day until my shift changed. Now I only work 2 evenings a week and on those nights I am normally home before 8:30. I think that has helped significantly in the sleeping patterns - dad is still trying to figure out what works for him. Now that I am a new mom I have a new hairdo. I had my hair cut off and donated to Locks of Love. I now look like a mom instead of a girl in her late 20's wanting to be 18 again.
Jason is doing okay. He has been laid off for about 2 months. He is getting bored and he is driving me NUTS!! He has only worked about 7-8 weeks since the beginning of December. When he went on the out of work list at the union this last time, he was about 170. As of Friday, he is number 93. Once the weather breaks he is going to be working 6-7 days a week. That is just the life of a carpenter I guess.


No comments:
Post a Comment