Sunday, March 8, 2009

Has it really been 3 weeks?!?!






I am so sorry about the delay in posts. There has been a lot going on in the last few weeks that haven't given me a moments rest. 2 weeks ago Grandpa passed away, Lexi's has been to the Dr. 3 times, and I have returned to work.

Chris and Kate were in town 2 weeks ago when Grandpa passed. April then came to join us. Seeing Lexi and Kate together was great. Kate was amazed by Lexi. Kate kept looking at her and touching her. At one point, Kate wanted to chew on Lexi's feet. Now that Kate has teeth, we had to keep an eye on that. We got in on video with my camera, and once I learn how to upload the video I will post it. It was amazing seeing how much our kids can grow in just 6 short months. Lexi felt light as a feather compared to Kate. Oh yeah, we were also happy to see Chris and April.

Their first meeting.


This was right before Kate tried to eat Lexi's feet.


Reach out and touch someone.


We like hanging out with aunt Liz.

As I mentioned in my last post, Lexi is a collicy baby. It is worse in the evenings. On our worst night, she screamed from 8pm until 2am. The only time she wasn't crying was when she was eating. We decided to try going to my chiropractor. We have now been there 2 times. I think that it might be helping, but it is was not an immediate fix. Now instead of having a bad day everyother day, it now occurs about every 3 days - so it is getting better. We have also had to go visit the pediatrician. Lexi's belly button has herniated out. It looks like someone took a cap from a 2 liter and put it under her skin. Jason and I think that it is beginning to look a little better. At it's worst, it stood up from her belly about an inch to an inch and a quarter and was purple and just looked like it was going to pop. Because of this, she didn't like laying on her belly, especially in the beginning, which is how she sleeps. The only way she would sleep for more than 2 hours at a time was if she was being held. So for the last 2 weeks, Lexi and I have ended up sleeping on the couch or in the recliner together. Well, to say the least, I was getting tired of that routine very quickly. So Jason and I decided that we would have to fight it out in the crib. On Friday night she cried herself to sleep after an hour and 15 minutes and then slept for 6 hours (our longest nights sleep so far). Last night it took her an hour to cry herself to sleep. She woke up 4 hours later, so I got up, fed her, and 45 minutes of crib crying later, she was sleeping again. It has been really hard listening to her scream and cry and knowing that if you pick her up, you have set yourself back even farther but I have slept better in the last two nights than I have in the last 2 months.

I am super excited to say that I have been back at work for a week now. It has been great. Lexi only goes to daycare for about 4-5 hours a day because I drop her off before work and Jason picks her up when he gets off of work. He gets about 6 hours of uninterrupted daddy time in the evenings.

3 comments:

Barbara and Wes said...

I'm sorry your having such a rough time. I have heard wonderful things about the chiropractor helping colic babies I hope it helps Lexi too. I hope her belly button heals up all the way too.
Take care

Anonymous said...

sorry to hear about your lack of sleep I know how it is. Harrison still does not sleep through the night but as a baby he had really bad reflux (he is acutally still on med. for it) and he had a milk protin intolance which all doctors don't look into real fast. He even could not take my breast milk. but within two bottles of a speical formula he sleep for 3 hours at a time which was a first. That was at 7 weeks. In the the 72 hours prior to that he only sleep 3 hours combined in the the 72 hour and screamed the rest. If you think there is something up with here keep pushing, Mama knows best :) hope it gets better soon.

Freemad said...

It's been another 3 weeks - I think we need a new post ... with pictures of Lexi and your new mommy mobile!

I must admit - I'm a little jealous of the stow-n-go seating.

Love Ya!