Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Our little ice storm

Just when I get cleared to drive again what happens - an ice storm. I didn't get any pictures, but if you want to know what it looked like, Carla's blog had a couple of pretty accurate pictures. We lost power either Tuesday or Wednesday last week (I can not keep my days straight since I am not working). Lucky for us, Jason's parents had a generator and insisted that we take it. There were a couple of nights that we were supposed to get lows down into the single digits.



As soon as we lost power, the first thing that I did was to bundle up our little one. Because Lexi is still wearing preemie onesies, I had tried to find a newborn snowsuit. I found out they do not exist. 0-3 months is the smallest snowsuit that anyone carries. 0-3 months is still trying to eat her alive. We could have put another baby in there with her.

Her outfit was so heavy on her little arms and legs that she could not move any of her extremities.




Lexi, we have learned, is just like her mommy and daddy - very expresive. When she is happy, she makes some of the strangest faces and when she is not happy, everyone knows. The dogs will look at me with that begging face to make the screaming stop. She is a very gassy baby and lets face it, I would be unhappy too if I had that much gas in my belly. All in all, she is a happy baby.



1 comment:

Freemad said...

I think she looks more like you than Jason - maybe it's just the scrunched up mean face or the dark hair.

I'm glad to hear that you all are doing well. I was worried about you all.

Can't wait to see you all - right now it's looking like June so keep the pictures coming!